Bulgarian Public Holidays
Velida Agency is a Bulgarian dating and marrige Agency.
The Team of Velida would like to help our members in knowing Bulgarian holidays better;
which one represents what as well as some basic information about the customs
and of course little, tricky ways to impressed your beloved Bulgarian lady, by showing her knowleadge,
attention and small surprise.
List of the most celebrated holidays in Bulgaria
- 1 January- New Year's Day.
- 14 February- St. Valentine
- 3 March- National Day (Day of Liberation).
- 8 March- International Women's Day
- 2 April - 5 Apr Orthodox Easter.
- 1 May- Labour Day.
- 6 May- St George's Day (Day of Bulgarian Army).
- 24 May- St Cyril and Methodius Day (Day of Culture and Literacy).
- 6 Sep- The Unification of Bulgaria.
- 22 Sep- Independence Day.
- 1 Nov- Day of the Bulgarian Revival Leaders.
- 24 Dec - 25 Dec- Christmas.
- 31 Dec- New Year's Eve.
On the Match the 10th the Orthodox Church honours St. Galina.
Everyone who is carring the following names has a name day: Galina, Galia, Galin.
Some of Velida's female members who also celebrate their name day: ID 19958, ID 31054, ID 30802, ID 30438,
ID 30167, ID 29625, ID 612, ID 28039, ID 26893, ID 24602.
If your Bulgarian lady is among them, do not forget to send her a wish, flowers may be!
She will be pleasantly surprise and you can make very good impression.
Name days in Bulgaria
A name day is a day in the year, that honours the life and the name of a certain Saint. Some of the name days
are associated with certain Bulgarian traditions, which are still observed in many families.
Name days (Imen Den) in Bulgaria are valued a lot and some of them are celebrated just so officially
as the Public holidays. Most of the name days are known by everyone and it is very likely guests to visit uninvited. The person
who is celebrating the name day is often greeted by giving flowers or small gift.
Name days calendar in Bulgaria
- 1 Vasil, Vasilena, Vesela, Vesselin, Veselina
- 6 Bogdan, Bogdana, Bogomil, Bogomila, Iordan, Iordanka, Teodosii
- 7 Ioan, Ioana, Yoan, Yoana, Ivan, Ivanka, Ivayla, Ivaylo, Ivet, Kaloian, Kaloyan, Vanya, Vanyo, Zhan, Zhana
- 12 Tanya, Tatyana
- 14 Nina
- 17 Andon, Anton, Antonia, Dona, Doncho, Donka
- 18 Atanas, Atanaska
- 19 Silvia
- 20 Efimir, Evtim, Evtimiya, Momchil
- 21 Maksim
- 25 Grigor
- 1 Trifon
- 3 Simeon
- 6 Svetla, Svetlana, Svetlomir
- 10 Haralampi, Valentin, Valentina
- 13 Evlogi
- 1 Evdokiya, Marta, Martin, Martina
- 4 Gerasim
- 10 Galina
- 11 Bozhidar *, Bozhidara *, Dora *, Teodor *, Teodora *, Todor *
- 13 Nikifor
- 17 Alexi
- 22 Rosen, Rositsa
- 23 Lidiya
- 25 Blaga, Blago, Blagovest, Blagovesta, Blaguna, Evangelina, Mariyana
- 28 Albena, Boyan, Boyana, Boyka, Boyko
- 15 Lazar *, Lazo *
- 16 Bozhan *, Bozhana *, Violeta *, Vurban *, Vurbana *, Yasen *, Yasna *, Yavor *, Zdravka *, Zdravko *
- 18 Viktor, Viktoriya
- 23 Velichka *, Velichko *, Velin *, Velina *
- 25 Marko
- 30 Toma *, Tomislav *, Tomislava *
- 1 Ermen, Ermena, Maya
- 2 Boriana, Boris, Borislav, Borislava
- 5 Irina, Mira
- 6 Georgi, Georgiya, Gergana, Gyuro
- 11 Kiril, Kirila, Metodi
- 21 Elena, Konstantin, Kosta, Kostadin, Kostadinka, Lenko, Stoyan
- 30 Emiliya
- 1 Spas *, Spaska *
- 5 Doroteia *
- 7 Valeri, Valeria
- 22 Goryan, Goryana
- 24 Enio, Yanita, Yanka, Yanko
- 25 Asen *, Chavdar *
- 26 David
- 29 Kamen, Pavel, Petar, Petra, Petrana
- 30 Apostol
- 1 Damyan, Damyana, Kozma, Kuzman
- 7 Nedelcho, Nedelya, Nedyalka, Nedyalko
- 11 Oleg, Olga
- 15 Vlada, Vladena, Vladimir
- 16 Yulian, Yuliana, Yuliya
- 17 Marin, Marina
- 18 Emil, Emilian
- 20 Ilina, Iliya, Ilian, Iliyana, Ilko
- 22 Lena, Magda, Magdalena, Miglena
- 25 Ana, Yana
- 26 Paraskeva
- 27 Dobra, Dobri, Dobrina, Dobrinka, Pancho, Panka
- 29 Kalin
- 8 Emil, Emilian, Emiliya
- 15 Mariya
- 20 Samuil
- 26 Adrian, Adriana, Adriyan, Adriyana, Natali, Nataliya
- 29 Anastas, Anastasi, Anastasiya
- 30 Aleksandar, Aleksandra
- 1 Simeon, Simona
- 5 Elisaveta, Hari, Zahari
- 14 Krustan, Krustina, Krustyo, Stavri
- 16 Lyudmil, Lyudmila
- 17 Lyuba, Lyuben, Lyubomir, Lyubov, Nadezhda, Nadya, Sevda, Sofiya, Vera, Vyara
- 25 Sergei
- 14 Pencho, Penka, Petka, Petko
- 18 Zlata, Zlatan, Zlatka, Zlatko, Zlatomir
- 26 Dimitar, Dimitrina, Mitko
- 27 Nestor
- 8 Angel, Gavrail, Gavril, Mihaela, Mihail, Ognyan, Ognyana, Plamen, Plamena, Rada, Radka, Radko, Rafail, Raia, Raika, Raina, Rangel
- 11 Minka, Minko, Viktor, Viktoriya
- 14 Filio, Filip, Filipa
- 16 Matei
- 23 Aleko, Aleksandar, Aleksandra
- 24 Ekaterina, Katerina, Katina, Katya
- 25 Kliment, Klimentina
- 26 Stilyan, Stilyana
- 30 Andrei
- 4 Varvara
- 5 Sava, Silva, Silvana, Silviya, Stanislav
- 6 Nikola, Nikolai, Nina
- 9 Ana, Anna, Anushka, Nusha
- 14 Snezhana
- 17 Dana, Danail, Danaila, Daniel, Daniela
- 20 Ignat
- 24 Evgeni, Evgeniya
- 25 Hristina, Hristo
- 26 Iosif
- 27 Stanimir, Stanka, Stanko, Stefan, Stefka, Stoycho